Supply Chain, Procurement and Production Manager
Back to Careers Page
Supply Chain, Procurement and Production Manager
Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio since 1910, Mikesell’s Snack Food Company manufactures and/or distributes snack foods such as potato chips, pretzels, puffcorn, popcorn, cheese curls and pork rinds in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Central Illinois. We have our manufacturing plant in Dayton and distribution centers in Dayton, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Louisville, KY.
The Supply Chain, Procurement & Production Manager will partner with operations, sales and administration to maximize efficiencies and will foster a working culture embracing our core values of integrity, dedication,
ownership, collaboration and respect. The Supply Chain, Procurement & Production Manager will be responsible for identifying, supporting, and executing strategic sourcing activities for our brand portfolio.
Knowledge and experience working on purchasing, forecasting & replenishment, receiving, vendor management, and inventory management preferably in a food product manufacturing environment.
The individual in this position should have a strong procurement background, with strategic sourcing experience, a demonstrated capability to develop a holistic strategy for manufacturing operations which includes raw material ingredients and packaging materials. This individual should drive and support the team to reach cost savings targets and provide solid advice and strategy on categories impacting Mikesell’s. The role is cross-functional in operations by supporting production in plant start up, labor supervision, production scheduling and inventory management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Utilize the size and scale of Mikesell’s to strategically source critical categories and ensure competitive costs.
- Lead the strategic sourcing and negotiations • Lead the efforts of transforming critical or bottleneck categories to leverage categories by increasing the supply base, transforming what we need to buy and leveraging the full Mikesell’s size and scale.
- Own and detailed execution of the strategic sourcing programs and process linking closely to operations, sales and R&D.
- Support the Director of Plant Operations with cost savings opportunities, cash flow improvement, and alternate supplier initiatives.
- Understand the supply chain of ingredient and packaging items from origin to productions to inventory ensuring that our supply networks are in place to meet our needs for quality and service. It is both a strategic and a tactical position that requires forward vision and insight to be combined with data gathering and detailed step by step execution.
- Leverage knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term procurement and sourcing strategies
- Develop, communicate and execute supply chain strategies, including supplier selection, supplier development and secondary supply base.
- Establish annual cost down targets and drive results to continually and systematically reduce Mikesell’s material costs and inventory levels.
- Understand cost drivers at our suppliers to obtain lower costs while ensuring high quality.
- Identify, qualify and transition to low-cost region suppliers using a “Total Cost of Ownership” analysis to aid in decision making.
- Apply lean supply chain practices.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance; escalate issues and drive root cause analysis and corrective action when improvement is required.
- Work across the organization to ensure solid inventory management strategies and tools are applied to meet company objectives for material and customer service levels.
- Ensure cost effective and efficient logistics between regional routes.
- Apply Lean or Six Sigma DMAIC methodology to inventory management, internal/external logistics to reduce waste and improve cost.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant experience
- At least 5 years of strategic supply chain, procurement/purchasing experience
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change
- Must have excellent Analytical, Planning and Execution skills
- Can effectively articulate various perspectives and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Ability to see all sides and the inherent value to stakeholders
- Strong system skills and preferred experience with JD Edwards ERP
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and obstacles
- Effective at establishing trust and building effective business relationships and getting things done through others.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job posting does not constitute a job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our team members are the key to our success and that is why we offer career opportunities with outstanding benefits including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits (STD, Life, Accident)
- Generous PTO Policy & Paid holidays
- FSA -Flexible Spending Account
Is remote work (i.e., working from home) allowed for this position? No but hybrid possibility
Does this position offer relocation? No