Key Account Manager
Back to Careers Page
Key Account Manager
Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio since 1910, Mikesell’s Snack Food Company manufactures and/or distributes snack foods such as potato chips, pretzels, puffcorn, popcorn, cheese curls and pork rinds in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Central Illinois. We have our manufacturing plant in Dayton and distribution centers in Dayton, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Louisville, KY.
The Key Account Manager will develop and maintain strategic relationships with Mikesell’s high volume clients to accomplish long-term company objectives, provide customer solutions and grow sales while fostering a working culture embracing our core values of integrity, dedication, ownership, collaboration and respect.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- • Sell Mikesell’s Snack Food products profitably on a direct basis to Key Account operators within the assigned Key Account list
- • Grow relationships with key stakeholders at assigned Key Accounts through strategic planning, authentic communication, and delivering messages with clarity and purpose
- • Manage all aspects of the selling process utilizing approved Mikesell’s systems, policies, and procedures
- • Customer focus against the execution of sales plans for each key customer on a semi-annual basis
- • This written plan should encompass strategies for menu penetration and collaborate with cross-functional sales approach leveraging the organizations strengths in custom Marketing, Logistics, Packaging, and R&D
- • Participate in the volume and gross margin dollar budget development process that drive results against Company and Individual KPI’s
- • Update individual performance to budget in the Mikesell’s CRM system that ensures accountability
- • Conduct new product presentations to assigned accounts in a timely manner
- • On high profile opportunities drive engagement and collaboration between Mikesell’s Sales Management, Marketing, Logistics, R&D and customer to ensure proper communication and eventual sales success is realized
- • Utilizing the Mikesell’s CRM system develop and refine account profiles for the Key Account operators within the geographic boundaries of assigned territory. This should be coordinated primarily with the Director of Sales
- • Conduct product evaluations with operator account by performing evaluations for Potato and Snack Food products. Understand and relate the results to the customer. Define strategies for selling Mikesell’s products based upon the outcome
- • Utilizing approved Mikesell’s contract documents update/confirm pricing and programs
- • Ensure all active programs/contracts are stored in the Mikesell’s CRM module
- • Represent Mikesell’s in a positive fashion at various customer conferences, seminars and meetings
- • Market experience with top retailers is crucial to be considered
- • Must have excellent mastery of Word and Excel (spreadsheets), Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint Presentations
- • Must have excellent analytical, planning and execution skills
- • Knowledge of JD Edwards and Reports Now beneficial
- • Anticipates and adjusts for problems and obstacles.
- • Effective at establishing trust and building effective business relationships and getting things done through others.
Our team members are the key to our success and that is why we offer career opportunities with outstanding benefits including:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
• Supplemental Voluntary Benefits (STD, Life, Accident)
• Generous PTO Policy & Paid holidays
• FSA - Flexible Spending Account